SGIFF gathers filmmakers and film professionals
Singapore – The 27th Singapore International Film Festival (SGIFF) will welcome a stellar ensemble of filmmakers and professionals to Singapore to share their expertise and lend clout to the yearly silver screen affair. They will form the jury panel of its much-anticipated Silver Screen Awards at Marina Bay Sands, receive recognition from the SGIFF, and engage festival goers during master classes, forums, talks and In Conversation sessions. The Silver Screen Awards marks the first Asian film competition in the international film festival circuit, and aims to create awareness of the rich filmmaking talents in Asia. The awards include two main categories – Asian Feature Film Competition and Southeast Asian Short Film Competition, and will take place in December 2016 at Marina Bay Sands.
This year, the jury panel of the Asian Feature Film Competition will be led by Japanese director and Cannes Film Festival regular Naomi Kawase, with support from veteran Hong Kong director of the well-received film Ip Man, Herman Yau, Lebanese director and the organiser of the Cultural Resistance International Film Festival, Jocelyne Saab, and versatile Singaporean actor Sunny Pang. They will be judging four categories – Best Film, Best Director, Best Performance and Special Mention. Indonesian director Mira Lesmana who revitalised the country’s film industry in the early 2000s will lead the Southeast Asian Short Film Competition jury panel this year. She will be joined by Programming Director of the Hawaii International Film Festival, Anderson Le and Singapore filmmaker, Bertrand Lee in judging four categories – Best Southeast Asian Short Film, Best Singapore Short Film, Best Director and Special Mention.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 81 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 35 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 5 March 32 views | posted on March 2, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 30 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020