Inmarsat has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to appoint Satcom Direct (SD) as a global distribution partner for its next generation SwiftBroadband-Safety aviation service. A pre-agreement between the two companies has outlined the intention for Satcom Direct to supply aviation operators worldwide with SwiftBroadband-Safety, an advanced new service from Inmarsat that will transform cockpit and aircraft operations.
SwiftBroadband-Safety represents a paradigm shift in the advancement of aviation safety services by utilising secure IP-based broadband connectivity that far exceeds the capabilities of other alternatives in the market. The ‘always on and always secure’ solution enables a range of breakthrough aviation applications, including flight data streaming (‘Black Box in the Cloud’) and real-time Electronic Flight Bag applications, such as networked graphical weather.
It also enables air traffic management modernisation programmes throughout the world and fulfils the requirements of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)’s Global Aeronautical Distress Safety System (GADSS), including global flight tracking, by offering reliable and secure satellite surveillance and communications (FANS/ACARS).
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 40 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020