HBO Asia will be distributing the movies, which were executive produced by Hong Kong action director, Corey Yuen outside of China while CMC handles distribution within the mainland. The trailers for both TV movies, which boast a cast of Chinese actors professionally trained in mixed martial arts, kung fu and muay thai, were revealed.The action-packed movies are set in ancient China at the end of the Qing dynasty. Shot in the Chinese language in Hengdian, China, the movies will be dubbed in English with local language subtitles when they premiere in Asia on HBO. Concurrently, both movies will also debut at the same time on RED BY HBO in its original language with English subtitles. Both movies will air in the original language in China.
The two TV movies were directed by Guo Jian-yong, who specialises in martial arts movies and has choreographed the action sequences for Cradle 2 the Grave (2003), The Twins Effect II (2004), Red Cliff (2007) and Transporter I, II and III (2001; 2005; 2008). These two anthology TV movies are one of four HBO Asia Original productions this year. The others include HBO Asia’s first returnable series Halfworlds Season 2 and HBO Asia’s first Taiwanese co-production, The Psychic.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 110 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 41 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020