Cannes – Toronto-based global content distribution company, 108 Media announces it has secured the worldwide rights to the live broadcasting of Kyokushin Karate, the specialised Japanese form of martial arts. This is a first of its kind acquisition for the company with the deal secured through its 108 Asia arm.
The deal, headed up by Ryo Ebe, Managing Director of 108 Asia will include access to pending live matches as well as archived content which will both be available to international buyers at MIPCOM 2016. Kyokushin Karate, a specialised Japanese sport sometimes known as ‘the strongest karate’, is a highly regarded form of Budo (the Martial Way) and is rooted in a philosophy of self-improvement, the strictest of disciplines and hard training.
This popular sport is practised all over the world, with around 10 million registered members at clubs in over 123 countries. It represents one of the largest martial arts organisations in the world since it was founded in 1964.
- Differentiating the sports OTT experience 102 views | posted on May 14, 2021
- Abacus Media Rights secures international distribution rights for ‘The Masked Dancer UK’ 101 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Asian independent short films now accessible worldwide with ZEASN and Viddsee team up 100 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Social entertainment platform GazeTV breaks the tradition with blockchain, tokenized ecosystem for audiences and video creators 68 views | posted on May 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020