Cannes – Toronto-based global content distribution company, 108 Media announces it has secured the worldwide rights to the live broadcasting of Kyokushin Karate, the specialised Japanese form of martial arts. This is a first of its kind acquisition for the company with the deal secured through its 108 Asia arm.
The deal, headed up by Ryo Ebe, Managing Director of 108 Asia will include access to pending live matches as well as archived content which will both be available to international buyers at MIPCOM 2016. Kyokushin Karate, a specialised Japanese sport sometimes known as ‘the strongest karate’, is a highly regarded form of Budo (the Martial Way) and is rooted in a philosophy of self-improvement, the strictest of disciplines and hard training.
This popular sport is practised all over the world, with around 10 million registered members at clubs in over 123 countries. It represents one of the largest martial arts organisations in the world since it was founded in 1964.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 52 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 47 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 40 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020