Louis Boswell, General Manager of Southeast Asia, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, said, “We are thrilled to bring back the EFL Cup exclusively to Malaysian fans, a country with an undying passion for football. Enjoyed by millions of people around the world, today’s announcement guarantees Malaysian football fans the return of this world-class tournament. Together with Astro, the agreement further marks our continued investment in building our sports portfolio in Southeast Asia, where we present high-quality sports and fuel the passion of fans across the region.”
The series will be broadcasted on Eurosport (Astro Channel 814), Astro SuperSport (Channel 831 HD /810) as well as Astro on the Go.
Launched in 1960, the EFL Cup features 92 clubs from the EFL and Premier League in a straight knock-out format across seven rounds, with the semi-finals being played over two legs. Premier League clubs enter the competition in Round Two with clubs that have qualified for the Champions League or Europa League joining in Round Three. The competition culminates in a final at Wembley Stadium, with the winner qualifying for the subsequent season’s Europa League.
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 77 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 59 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 51 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 45 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020