Singapore — Brightcove Inc. (NASDAQ: BCOV), global provider of cloud services for video, has been selected by PPTV, a Thailand-based Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT), to power its video-on-demand (VOD) content in high-definition (HD), making them the first DTT to do so in the country. With Brightcove Video Cloud, PPTV leverages an industry-leading online video platform to offer consumers HD VOD access across multiple devices.
Owned by Bangkok Media and Broadcasting Co. Ltd, PPTV’s linear offering was launched in 2014 to provide Thai audiences with an assortment of HD television programs including news and current affairs, entertainment programs, drama series and world-class sports content 24 hours a day. In January 2016, PPTV launched its over-the-top (OTT) offering with VOD content and without any geo-restrictions. By disabling geo-restriction policies, PPTV was able to reach Thai audiences outside the country.
With Brightcove video cloud, PPTV can now look to deliver an ad-supported VOD experience across multiple connected devices with Brightcove’s server-side ad insertion technology. Metadata-driven ad insertions and built-in integrations with leading ad networks will now boost PPTV’s advancement into creating personalised viewing experiences, especially on mobile devices where a rapidly increasing amount of Thai audiences are consuming video.
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Reed Exhibitions announces leadership change at Reed MIDEM 34 views | posted on September 29, 2020
- GoQuest Media signs international distribution rights for ‘Rats’ 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020