Discovery Communications appoints MD for Eurosports
With hundreds of millions of mobile data subscribers and growing OTT momentum via connected TVs, Europe provides a significant strategic opportunity to leverage both Rivera’s successful track record of creating immersive digital video products and Discovery’s recent investments in premium sports content. In Asia Pacific, Eurosport reaches more than 10 million fans.
Rivera joins from the BBC, where he spent six years as Director, BBC Digital and was responsible for all of the BBC’s digital media services, leading on the implementation and operation of BBC iPlayer as it grew by over 300% and delivering the first truly digital Olympic Games for London 2012, setting a new standard for live sports coverage online. Prior to the BBC, Rivera spent ten years at AOL, most recently as Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Games, where he transformed the division from a loss leader to one of their most profitable media units.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 49 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 40 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 34 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 33 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020