Amazon has emerged as a new player in the ever-competitive sports rights market, Bloomberg reported citing people with knowledge of the matter. The online retailer turned streamer is said to be seeking the rights to a wide range of sports with international appeal. These include the French open tennis championships, rugby, alongside US-centric sports including basketball and baseball.
According to Bloomberg, Amazon has stressed the importance of its Amazon Prime service, which already has a number of original dramas and The Grand Tour, a motoring show featuring the former presenters of the BBC’s Top Gear. It is available to those paying for its Amazon Prime speedy delivery service.
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 40 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020