Toronto, Canda– Corus Entertainment has appointed Athena Georgaklis to the role of Head of Development for Nelvana. Georgaklis, a highly respected animation executive, will lead the acquisition of rights and the development of all original content for Nelvana, working with the studio’s producers, creators, and talent around the world.
Georgaklis assumes her role effective immediately, reporting in to Scott Dyer, President of Nelvana, and working closely with the recently appointed Pam Westman, Head of Nelvana Enterprises. Her development work will fuel Nelvana’s animation studio, drive its Enterprise division through distribution and licensing activity, and continue to provide premium content for Corus’ suite of leading kids’ channels.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 9.5k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 362 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 63 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- TBS, Sony Pictures Television sign global distribution and format agreement for ‘Time Is Money’ 54 views | posted on October 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020