Hong Kong– The 20th edition of Hong Kong International Film and TV Market (FILMART) organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), opened today at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. One of the founding events of Entertainment Expo Hong Kong, FILMART is now recognised as the world’s foremost film and TV marketplace facilitating important deals in film financing, distribution, production and post-production, and where cross-media and cross-sector collaborations are promoted.
The enormous size and potential of the Chinese mainland’s film market is captured at FILMART, with mainland exhibitors comprising the largest country of origin participation at the fair. A number of mainland provinces and cities have set up regional pavilions, including Beijing, Shanghai, Shandong, Sichuan, Guangdong and Hangzhou. Chongqing is staging its regional pavilion at FILMART for the first time, showcasing nearly 35 productions from around 10 producers and introducing Fuling, Yubei and Wulong as film locations. Blockbusters such asTransformers, Curse of the Golden Flower and House of Flying Daggers were shot on location in Chongqing.
In addition to the exhibition, other attractions of FILMART include networking activities, seminars, and screenings. The programme of this year’s FILMART is enriched through collaboration with different organisations, and includes a variety of industry forums featuring leaders in the fields of film, TV, digital entertainment, post production, animation and music to share their insights. Among the guest speakers are the filmmakers of Mad Max: Fury Road, Taken, The Bullet Vanishes, and of animation works Monster Hunt, One Piece, McDull and Attack on Titan.
Promoting digital entertainment is a major feature of FILMART. Sponsored by CreateHK, the Hong Kong Animation & Digital Entertainment pavilion has gathered more than 30 local digital entertainment companies to showcase their latest services, including 2D/3D animation, digital special effects, mobile apps, smartphone games and multimedia designs. Together with the exhibitors at the Animation & Digital Entertainment World pavilion, 200 digital entertainment producers are taking part in this year’s FILMART, including companies from France, Italy, Korea, Malaysia and Thailand.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 173 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 122 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 93 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021