Globo will attend MIPTV 2016 in April, which is held annually in Cannes, France. Besides launching its 2016 catalog to the European market, Globo will also present its experiences in the development of technologies for television and highlight its news coverage plans for the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games, with the presence of former player and current football commentator Ronaldo Nazário.
At MIPTV, the company will present digital innovations in transmission as well as content development actions that are being developed especially for the games, with the intent of involving even more fans from various sports.
Ronaldo Nazário has a legion of following and can speak about the subject as a former player. He is currently part of the Globo team of football commentators. At the panel ‘Sports, the origins of fans’, Ronaldo, who is also known by the nickname “The Phenomenon”, will be side by side with João Pedro Paes Leme, Globo’s executive director of Sports, to speak about the best moments of his career and to examine his role, as commentator, to engage fans.
On technology and innovation, Raymundo Barros, Globo’s director of Technology, will share the knowledge acquired by Globo in the last few years with ultra-high definition productions. With more than 40 cameras aimed at its entertainment production, Globo has two miniseries produced entirely in 4K, Dangerous Liaisons and Merciless.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 179 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 102 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020