Hong Kong– The annual CASBAA Convention kicked off at the Intercontinental Hotel, Hong Kong. The two-day convention, with the theme ‘Making Waves’ brought together key industry players in the broadcast, cable and satellite industry to discuss and debate the hottest topics and latest developments in the industry today.
Kicking off with a focus on content, the first day covered topics that include content consumption, new content platforms in Asia, engagement with consumers, distribution of content, the future of pay-TV, piracy and regulation.
The second day covered an in-depth look at some of the technology as well as advertising models and revenue streams in the world of OTT. Topics for the day included the showcase of the latest technology, audience measurement, viewer targeting with specific advertising, types of content that engages viewers, the profitable sides of OTT, raising capital in Asia, payable content and the importance of a compelling storyline.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 80 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 69 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 57 views | posted on November 26, 2020
- Netflix brings a variety of entertainment with seven new Korean films and series 47 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020