StarHub partners Nielsen to launch system in Singapore
Singapore– Recognising the industry’s need to better understand pay TV viewing and its reach, Singapore’s largest pay TV operator StarHub has partnered leading global information and measurement company Nielsen to launch StarHub SmarTAM, Singapore’s first Television Audience Measurement system using Return Path Data (RPD) technology. StarHub has also commissioned Nielsen to support the subscription and sales of SmarTAM data.
Harvesting RPD from StarHub’s two-way digital set-top boxes in 545,000 homes and applying Nielsen’s proprietary research for TV viewership measurement, StarHub SmarTAM offers advertisers, advertising media buyers, and content providers granular insight into what StarHub TV households and individuals are watching.
The TV audience measurement system tracks both real-time and time-shift viewing of TV content and advertising spots across more than 200 StarHub TV channels. 5,000 StarHub TV homes have been carefully selected to be statistically representative of StarHub TV households in Singapore, providing the industry-largest viewer panel that produces accurate data on the viewing behaviour of pay TV channels.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 66 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020