Singapore– BBC Worldwide Asia and StarHub announced the launch of a new premium factual channel, BBC Earth on 3 October, 9pm. Broadcast in stunning high definition, the channel promises to push the boundaries of filmmaking to fully immerse and engage audiences in nature’s stories, taking viewers on a journey of discovery. The channel, a rebrand of BBC Knowledge, will replace BBC Knowledge on StarHub TV Channel 407.
BBC Earth will feature new global original commissions including documentaries about the natural world, produced by the BBC’s world-renowned Natural History Unit. From the smallest creature under the microscope to the limitless expanses of space, BBC Earth will bring viewers face to face with heart pounding action, mind blowing ideas and the wonders of being human.
Presented by the makers of Frozen Planet, Planet Earth, Africa, Blue Planet and Walking With Dinosaurs, BBC Earth will also see the Asia premiere of the landmark series The Hunt, less than 24 hours after the UK telecast. Narrated by Sir David Attenborough, executive produced by Emmy-winner Alistair Fothergill with music composed by Academy Award-winner Steven Price, The Hunt uses character driven stories to illustrate the strategies of both predator and prey, exploring the challenges animals face and the tactics they employ in various terrains.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 46 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 37 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 30 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 30 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020