Singapore – Twitter strengthens its commitment in Indonesia with the appointment of Business Head, Roy Simangunsong. Since the office opening in March 2015, Twitter has had successful initiatives in Indonesia: from launching Peta Jakarta with Jakarta City government, Ramadhan campaign that resulted in 20% of the global conversation originating from Indonesia, to “Nyalakan Indonesia” Independence Day campaign that resulted in more than 440,000 Tweets using #RI70.
“Indonesia is one of the most important markets for Twitter. Today, we’re thrilled to announce Roy Simangunsong as our new Country Business Head for Indonesia. With his strong industry leadership track record, I’m confident that we will further build the ecosystem, develop innovative campaigns, and accelerate engagement between advertisers and users on our real-time marketing platform,” said Parminder Singh, Twitter’s Managing Director for Southeast Asia, India and MENA.
Roy Simangunsong, Twitter’s Country Business Head for Indonesia said, “Today, Twitter is the ‘social soundtrack’ to daily life in Indonesia, from getting real-time updates, to connecting with others, to expressing their views on what’s happening in their world right now. Looking forward, we hope to work closer with all of our Indonesian users, partners and the local communities to make Twitter even more useful and accessible as a platform for live, public conversations. We have more exciting plans for Indonesia and I’m excited to start connecting advertisers to our users and partners for major cultural and everyday moments in Indonesian society.”
Roy brings over 19 years of IT, digital advertising, sales, and management experience to his new role. His previous employers includes Okezone (MNC Group), Yahoo! Indonesia, IBM and Microsoft Indonesia.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 53 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 53 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 43 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 41 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020