Nonthaburi, Thailand – Thaicom Plc announced the appointment of Paiboon Panuwattanawong to take up the roles of Chief Executive Officer of Thaicom (CEO-THCOM) and the authorized director of Thaicom from October 1, 2015. The previous CEO, Suphajee Suthumpun, will assume the role of Advisor to the Chief Executive Officer to support the new CEO during the leadership transition period from October 1 to December 31, 2015.
Over the past few years, the company has been implementing a succession plan in order to ensure business continuity. Paiboon was identified as the natural successor to Ms. Suphajee as CEO. He has been with Thaicom for 23 years, with the last six in the role of Chief Technical Officer.
The company firmly believes that Paiboon is the right choice to assume the CEO role and to build on the achievements of Suphajee in steering the company towards the next phase of long-term growth and success.
Paiboon received his Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) from Yale University and later, received Master of Engineering (Electronics) from Carnegie Mellon University in the US. He also attended the Directors Certification Program at Thai Institute of Directors Association in 2009. He has in-depth knowledge of the satellite industry. His prior role as Chief Technical Officer showcases not only his technical ability but also his experience in people management.
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 114 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 65 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- 5 reasons why AXN’s ‘Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector’ needs to be on your watchlist 61 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Singapore High Court has blocked dozens of illicit streaming sites 57 views | posted on July 8, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020