Kuala Lumpur– The National Film Development Corporation of Malaysia (FINAS) is set to offer more than 1,600 hours of diverse creative content across feature film, animation, TV series, documentary and more to the world. This is a record breaking number for FINAS since its participation in the International Market of Communications Programmes (MIPCOM).
In line with the country’s objectives to produce world-class content and make the country a regional hub for creative content, FINAS will also introduce their brand-new one-stop creative hub namely Content Malaysia Pitching Centre to the international key players. The centre consolidates resources provided by government agencies to help ease industry players’ access to funding and commercialisation. The support and assistance from the numerous government funding and incentives cover a wide range of content from development funding, production, co-production, pre-seed, VFX, commercialisation, R&D, tax breaks, cash rebates, marketing, promotion, and more.
Additionally, the continuation of Film in Malaysia Incentive (FIMI) in 2014 has retained the momentum of estimated production spend in the country from approximately USD34 million in 2013 to approximately USD77 million in 2014. FIMI’s success includes attracting 21 productions, including 16 foreign ones, boosting Malaysia’s reputation.
This year, a total of 25 established and new Malaysian companies will take part in the festival under the Malaysian delegation, which will be led by Jailani Johari. Among the participated companies are Animasia Production, RTM, Giggle Garage, Inspidea, Primeworks Studios, Juita Viden, Big Tent Entertainment, Go ASEAN, Mirayi, Lokalab and more. Besides offering numerous award winning films, Malaysia is also looking to sell, co-produce and collaborate on animations projects.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.4k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 562 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 127 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 113 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021