Kuala Lumpur– The National Film Development Corporation of Malaysia (FINAS) is set to offer more than 1,600 hours of diverse creative content across feature film, animation, TV series, documentary and more to the world. This is a record breaking number for FINAS since its participation in the International Market of Communications Programmes (MIPCOM).
In line with the country’s objectives to produce world-class content and make the country a regional hub for creative content, FINAS will also introduce their brand-new one-stop creative hub namely Content Malaysia Pitching Centre to the international key players. The centre consolidates resources provided by government agencies to help ease industry players’ access to funding and commercialisation. The support and assistance from the numerous government funding and incentives cover a wide range of content from development funding, production, co-production, pre-seed, VFX, commercialisation, R&D, tax breaks, cash rebates, marketing, promotion, and more.
Additionally, the continuation of Film in Malaysia Incentive (FIMI) in 2014 has retained the momentum of estimated production spend in the country from approximately USD34 million in 2013 to approximately USD77 million in 2014. FIMI’s success includes attracting 21 productions, including 16 foreign ones, boosting Malaysia’s reputation.
This year, a total of 25 established and new Malaysian companies will take part in the festival under the Malaysian delegation, which will be led by Jailani Johari. Among the participated companies are Animasia Production, RTM, Giggle Garage, Inspidea, Primeworks Studios, Juita Viden, Big Tent Entertainment, Go ASEAN, Mirayi, Lokalab and more. Besides offering numerous award winning films, Malaysia is also looking to sell, co-produce and collaborate on animations projects.
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 95 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 95 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 90 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 45 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020