Zee Media Corporation Limited (ZMCL) announced its intention to enter into English News Broadcasting with the appointment of Rohit Gandhi as Editor-in-Chief – English News Broadcast and Related Content. Rohit will be heading the operations of all initiatives in this space, working closely with the Business Head & Revenue Resources. Rohit will report in to Punit Goenka.
Speaking on the new initiative, Punit Goenka said, “Venturing into the English News Space allows us to extend our presence in the overall News genre across geographies and even in the international arena. We want to launch a news network for global audiences with an Indian point-of-view. With Rohit on-board to spearhead this initiative, we are confident that we will be able to showcase a world-class product. We welcome Rohit to the ZEE family and wish him all the very best.”
Rohit Gandhi commented on his joining: “It is a phenomenal opportunity for me to work with ZEE and Punit to deliver world-class coverage to viewers at home. We want to continue on the path of providing in-depth, textured coverage across platforms to address the ever-changing needs of the global audiences.”
Rohit brings with him over 23 years of rich experience across forty countries and has managed the complete gamut of the News business. He has won many international awards including the Edward R. Murrow, Dupont Award, Emmy, Golden Cine Eagle, Gracie Award and the Headliner Award. In his previous assignment, he was the International Correspondent & Communication Strategist for South Asian International News, prior to which he worked with CBC, CNN, BCTV & Global TV, Canada, and NDTV. He has covered many war zones including Afghanistan in 2001 and Iraq in 2003.
Rohit is a multi-skilled journalist who has extensively worked on various international field projects in the areas of international relations, politics, socio-economic empowerment, human rights, environment, civil rights and social action and highly sensitive terror investigation, amongst others.
Rohit has done his Bachelor of Arts (BA) Hons in Sociology and Anthropology from Delhi University, Masters in Communication and Media Studies from Pune University and Masters in Broadcast Journalism from Carleton University, Canada.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 33 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020