A phrase that defines the life of Sumit Walia – much like every married man who is constantly struggling to balance expectations of his wife and his mother. STAR Plus brings to you a hilarious take on the delicate and often no-win situation every man faces after marriage. Everybody Loves Raymond, the globally acclaimed sitcom that has been adapted in several countries across the world, now comes to India. STAR Plus brings to its viewers, the Indian rendition of the series, titled Sumit Sambhal Lega. The show offers a light-hearted take on how after marriage, a man often finds himself caught between the two most important ladies of his life.
Sumit Sambhal Lega
Sumit Sambhal Lega follows the story of a Punjabi family, in the capital city – Delhi; and stars seasoned actor Namit Das as the protagonist Sumit Walia. Sumit is a sports journalist who unwillingly finds himself in a constant tug-of-war between his wife, Maya and his mother Dolly. To make matters worse, his gluttonous overbearing father and unmarried and insecure older brother add to his already chaotic life. Sumit is the everyday man who aspires to be an ideal son, loving husband, doting father and successful professional – all rolled into one. While trying to maintain a fine balance in all the relationships, he often finds himself in sticky and tricky situations which lead to funny moments in his life. His better half will be played by Manasi Parekh Gohil, who will be making a comeback to small screen as Sumit’s wife – Maya Walia. Popular veteran actress, Bharati Achrekar will be seen essaying the role of Dolly Walia – Sumit’s nosy and interfering mother, while Vikram Kochar will be seen as Rajneesh Walia, Sumit’s insecure older brother. And joining them will be one of Bollywood’s most acclaimed actor-directors – Satish Kaushik, who is back with his larger than life persona and impeccable comic timing. Playing the role of the head of the family – Jasbir Walia, this show marks his much-awaited comeback on the small screen.
Sumit Sambhal Lega, produced by DJ’s – A Creative Unit has brought together some of the best talent of the entertainment industry. Tony and Deeya Singh are excited to bring this acclaimed show to Indian TV. Producer Deeya Singh said, “I’ve dedicated the past one year to this show and honestly even after all these years of working in the industry, every step has been a new experience. I wanted to bring theatre on TV – to give the viewers an experience as if the actors are performing live in their homes. It’s been a great learning with many firsts for me through this show- the process which as producers that we were involved in like the writer’s room, rehearsals before actual shoots, 4 camera set up and working closely with the international creative team like Steve Skoravan. The show insight about a married man living with his family struggling to find a balance is a worldwide phenomenon and I believe it is this madness that brings us joint as a family.”
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 37 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 34 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 33 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020