Los Angeles, USA – CJ E&M announced that over 75,000 fans attended KCON 2015 USA (58,000 fans converged on the flagship event in LA, and another 17,000 celebrating KCON’s arrival to the East Coast), which presented all aspects of Korean entertainment from July 31 through August 2 at STAPLES Center in Downtown Los Angeles, as well as the one day convention and concert held at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ on August 8.
In its fourth year, KCON LA hosted two nights of the M COUNTDOWN concert, featuring hottest K-Pop stars: August 1 –Super Junior, SISTAR, GOT7, Roy Kim, and MONSTA X, August 2 –SHINHWA, Block B, AOA, Red Velvet, and Zion. T & Crush. Each artist group performed their hit songs in front of tens of thousands of fans in two days. During the inaugural one-day concert at KCON NY, fans got ecstatic by popular K-Pop acts Girls’ Generation, Teen Top, VIXX and AOA.
Sponsored by Toyota, KCON 2015 USA was packed with over 227 special guests and panels, 127 activities, various foods and many more in order to give visitors a sense of what Korean pop culture is all about. Programs included K-Beauty sessions led by beauty specialists from Korean Cosmetic retailers and K-beauty creators (YouTubers):Ssinnm, Beautyfymeeh, Sunny’s Channel, and Lamuqe. Famous Korean model Irene Kim also participated to share her beauty tips and fashion trends with fans in LA. Charlotte Cho of SokoGlam and Sunny’s Channel participated in both installments of KCON 2015 to share their Korean celebrity skin secrets and makeup tips.
Besides the aforementioned K-Beauty events, there were many panel activities and classes on K-Pop song, dance, K-Drama, K-Movie and K-Fashion. Korean cooking classes were held to teach how to make popular Korean food such as Bibimbap, Ramen and Shaved-ice dessert. Some of the famous K-Dramas “Let’s Eat” and K-movies like “Ode to My Father” were screened while K-Drama stars Kim Soo Hyun, Daniel Henney and Son Ho Jun had their own fan engagement sessions. Meanwhile, K-Pop star Roy Kim served as the ambassador for UNESCO’s Girls’ Education campaign during KCON 2015 LA, in order to raise awareness of providing educational opportunities to underprivileged children.
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Reed Exhibitions announces leadership change at Reed MIDEM 34 views | posted on September 29, 2020
- GoQuest Media signs international distribution rights for ‘Rats’ 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020