Globo has licensed drama series Merciless to South Korea’s EPG media group. One of Globo’s highlights at Natpe 2015, the series premiere is set for November. This is the Brazilian broadcaster’s second production in ultra-high definition that has been licensed to a foreign market.
Continuing its partnership with Globo, EPG has additionally picked up the feature film Time and the Wind, also in 4K. Not long before this deal, the Korean group had already acquired the rights to the entire 2015 catalogue of Globo’s feature films: Trust, ‘The Invisible Woman’, ‘Men Are From Mars… And That’s Where I’m Going!’, ‘The Party Crashers’, as well as the 2014 Emmy-winning telenovela ‘Precious Pearl’.
The plot of ‘Merciless’ revolves around serial killer Edu (Bruno Gagliasso, ‘The Enchanted Tale’). This is the first series entirely recorded and post-produced in 4K, or ultra-high definition technology, which offers four times more pixels than HD filming and provides better definition and image quality, all of which makes the experience of following a series even more engaging and exciting. It is as if the audience were watching the killer’s and his victims’ reactions from an arm’s length.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 55 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 47 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 42 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 38 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020