FremantleMedia International (FMI) is set to satisfy the appetites of international audiences with its latest deal with BBC Productions for the global distribution rights (excluding the UK and EIRE) of Simply Nigella (6×30’). Starring the internationally renowned food writer and TV cook Nigella Lawson, Simply Nigella will make its debut to TV buyers at the upcoming MIPCOM and air on the UK’s BBC 2 later this year.
Inspiring and uplifting, Simply Nigella introduces viewers to a new-pared down approach to cooking and eating by demonstrating easy to prepare recipes that are designed to nourish the soul. The series delivers a true sense of balance between lightness and lushness with a mix of tasty everyday meals, crowd pleasing feasts and indulgent sweet treats.
Creating a handful of dishes per episode, Nigella showcases her talents in the kitchen, using each recipe to connect with the audience like never before. She shares the story behind each meal and focuses on specific ingredients revealing what makes them her favourites as well as divulging her culinary tips to ensure cooking is as stress free as possible. Nigella also ventures beyond the kitchen visiting local suppliers and independent food stores to source fresh quality produce to include within her recipes. From healthy breakfasts and gluten free goodies, to decadent desserts; Simply Nigella promises food that’s not only reassuringly simple but will appeal to every palette and make us feel more alive.
Nigella Lawson; “Making Simply Nigella has been a joy, and it gives me such pleasure to be able to share these new recipes in a fresh and relaxed format with home cooks far and wide.”
Angela Neillis, Director of Non Scripted, UK, EMEA and Asia Pacific, FMI, said: “Simply Nigella strips away the fuss of cooking to concentrate on the meals that make our lives happier, stress free and even more delicious. FMI is beyond thrilled to be working with the BBC and the gorgeously talented Nigella Lawson on this fresh new show which reveals her at her very best.”
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 106 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 65 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020