Singapore − From the tropical beaches of Thailand to the towering peaks of the Swiss Alps, the Cinemax Original action series, Strike Back returns for its ten-episode, fourth and final season the same day as the U.S. – 1 August at 10pm on HBO GO and on CINEMAX, with one new episode airing every Saturday at the same time.
Starting 4 to 18 August, non-subscribers in 19 Asian territories including the Philippines, can watch the first episode of this season for free on cinemaxasia.com and HBO Asia’s YouTube channel.
When Michael Stonebridge and Damien Scott of the elite British intelligence undercover unit Section 20 set out to crack a missing-persons case in Bangkok, they quickly realise that what seems to be a simple kidnapping is actually the first step in a massive terrorist plot with global implications. Stonebridge, Scott and the rest of their team soon find themselves crisscrossing Asia and Europe as they battle Japanese Yakuza, Russian Mafia, cyber terrorists, elite mercenaries and other deadly forces.
Philip Winchester (24: Live Another Day) returns as Michael Stonebridge and Sullivan Stapleton (300: The Rise of an Empire) returns as Damien Scott in the high-octane, action-fuelled series.
Shot on location in Hungary and Thailand, this final season of Strike Back features nonstop twists and turns, as Scott (who’s also dealing with a life-changing personal matter) and Stonebridge find themselves in the eye of an escalating international political storm.
Also returning are Robson Green (Wire in the Blood), Singaporean-Brit Michelle Lukes (The Lost Legion) and Milauna Jackson (Aquarius) as Scott and Stonebridge’s Section 20 colleagues.
New cast members include Michelle Yeoh (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II), Dustin Clare (Spartacus), Will Yun Lee (The Wolverine), James Wilby (Gosford Park), Adrian Paul (Highlander), Joseph Gatt (HBO’s Game of Thrones), Christian Antidormi (Spartacus: War of the Damned) and British mixed martial arts champion and UFC fighter Michael Bisping.
Other new cast members include Michael McElhatton (HBO’s Game of Thrones), Max Beesley (Suits), Tim McInnerny (Notting Hill), Leo Gregory (Tristan and Isolde), Mark Griffin (Doctor Who), Wolf Kahler (Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows), Andrew Pleavin (300: Rise of an Empire), Eliza Hope Bennett (Nanny McPhee) and Masa Yamaguchi (The Wolverine).
Season four episodes are directed by Michael J. Bassett (Power), who also serves as co-executive producer; Julian Holmes (MI-5); and Brendan Maher (The Passing Bells); and written by Bassett, Jack Lothian (Doc Martin), James Dormer (Outcast), Richard Zajdli (Tatau), Ed Whitmore (Silent Witness and Tim Vaughan (The Last Detective).
Premieres 1 August at 10pm on CINEMAX
Other playtimes on Cinemax: 2 August at 11.30pm, 5 August at 10pm
On the eve of an historic nuclear-weapons summit with a North Korean delegation, Robin Foster (Tim McInnerny), the British Ambassador to Thailand, learns that his daughter Chloe (Eliza Hope Bennett) has been kidnapped by a ruthless Bangkok gang led by expatriate Ray McQueen (Max Beesley). Racing against the clock to locate her, Scott (Sullivan Stapleton), Stonebridge (Philip Winchester) and their Section 20 team – including boss Phillip Locke (Robson Green) and agents Julie Richmond (Michelle Lukes) and Kim Martinez (Milauna Jackson) – track the thugs through the canals and streets of Thailand. When their efforts stall, Foster ends up following his own instincts, despite the chance that things could get worse before they get better.
Written by Michael J. Bassett, James Dormer & Tim Vaughan; directed by Michael J. Bassett.
Premieres 8 August at 10pm (9pm Thai/Jkt) on CINEMAX
Other playtimes on Cinemax: 9 August at 11.55pm, 12 August at 10pm
In the aftermath of the bomb at the British Embassy, Section 20 must find out who Ray McQueen is really working for. They soon discover that they are going up against their deadliest foe ever.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 103 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ 47 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 44 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 39 views | posted on June 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020