Singapore – MTV will premiere Say It In Song, a new international music-driven social series hosted by Grammy-nominated performing artist Redfoo, on Wednesday, 19 August at 9pm (WIB), 10pm (SG), and 11pm (MY), Friday, 21 August at 11am (PH) and Wednesday, 2 September at 11pm (TH).
Spotlighting music’s unique ability to connect people in an emotional and powerful way, Say It In Song is about people using specific songs to get an important message across to someone else through a variety of highly creative surprise musical capers, from elaborately choreographed dance routines, to intimate serenades, homemade music videos, musical pranks, and more. The audience will be given the backstory and will be privy to the planning of the ‘caper’ before witnessing the final surprise and the resolution. Stakes, drama, intensity, humour and heart will brand each episode. Host Redfoo and the MTV production team will be on hand to plan out the best way to make the statement with maximum impact.
“Man, I’m psyched about hosting Say It In Song! This show is wild – it’s about real people doing crazy things with the power of music. I’m here to help them make every moment epic!” – Redfoo, Host
In the season premiere of Say It In Song, Redfoo helps out Chelsea who is still in love with her sailor ex-boyfriend, Mark, and Jim who’s concerned his daughter Sarah is always worrying about all the wrong things. With Redfoo and the song squad’s help Chelsea’s friends create a special carousel ride set to Paramore’s “I’m Still Into You” in order to win Mark back. Meanwhile, the song squad puts Sarah, plus her friends and family, on a bus tour of NYC- ending with a surprise performance in Times Square by Jim and some background dancers shaking it to Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off”.
Created in partnership with DiGa’s Tony DiSanto, Say It In Song presents a unique concept and format, inspired by film scenes such as John Cusack with the Boombox in Say Anything, or Justin Timberlake surprising Mila Kunis with a flash mob set to “Closing Time” by Semisonic. Say It In Song has all the excitement and surprise of the hidden camera caper-like Punk’d mixed with the drama and emotional story-telling of Made. The 18-episode social series – part of the reality-based genre that blurs the boundaries between platforms – is shot in various locations in the New York Tri-state area and Los Angeles.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 115 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 44 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 44 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020