Kuala Lumpur/ Singapore – MTV World Stage Malaysia is back – bigger than ever as MTV turns the lens on its fans with unprecedented fan offerings! MTV, a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), has officially announced MTV World Stage Malaysia is back for the seventh-year running. Recorded live for global telecast, the highly-anticipated outdoor event is set to take place once again at Surf Beach, Sunway Lagoon on 12 September. The event will feature a line-up with five acts to be announced in the coming weeks including two international acts, two regional acts and one #MostWantedMalaysia act who will all join the MTV stage. MTV VJs Alan and Hanli will reprise their roles as the event’s hosts.
Additionally, MTV announced it will launch a new Asia multi-platform campaign MTV Breaks ignited by Xpax, which gives talented millennials across Asia the chance to kick-start a career in the creative industries by offering life-changing opportunities through a mentorship stint on MTV World Stage Malaysia 2015. Launched globally at last year’s MTV EMA, it is the first time this highly successful property aimed at creating economic opportunity for talented millennials, is being launched with an Asia version in the region.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 87 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 60 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 39 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020