Singapore – MTV expands its foray into the cooking show genre! Tasty competition series Snack-Off is the latest cooking offering from the belly of mastermind Rob Dyrdek (MTV’s Ridiculousness). The food-themed show with an MTV spin for young people will premiere on MTV in Asia on 30 July at 9pm (WIB), 10pm (SG), and 11pm (MY), 3 August at 12pm (PH), and 29 August at 10pm (TH). Hosted by Eddie Huang with judges consisting of supermodel and food fanatic Chrissy Teigen, comedian Yassir Lester and master chef Jason Quinn, this new hilarious series will bring food and laughter to MTV’s audiences. Amateur chefs battle it out using creativity in the kitchen to transform everyday munchies into full-fledged meals.
In each half hour episode, Huang brings his snack-expertise to help guide contestants through a series of unique challenges which range from making an entrée using potato chips as the “Mystery Munchie” to creating a gourmet dessert using jelly beans. The judges then taste, debate and determine the amateur chefs’ fates. The contestants are all vying for a cash prize, their recipe in the Snack-Off cookbook, and the coveted golden spork necklace! The show promises to leave fans hungry for more.
Huang is widely known as the chef and owner of the popular restaurant Baohaus in New York City’s East Village – an advocate for the young and cultured as well as experienced foodies alike. He is also a writer, speaker and producer and his memoir and first book, Fresh Off The Boat released by publisher Spiegel and Grau, a division of Random House became a New York Times Bestseller in its first week.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 100 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 62 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020