Malta celebrates another night of spectacular live music
Singapore − MTV’s live music summer extravaganza Isle Of MTV Malta – in partnership with Malta Tourism Authority (MTA) – celebrated its ninth consecutive year on Thursday by lighting up Valletta’s Il-Fosos Square once again with killer performances from some of the biggest and most talked about names in today’s global music scene. Making their Isle of MTV Malta debut, performers included Jason Derulo, Echosmith, Omi, Tori Kelly and Martin Garrix, who brought the show to a close with an exhilarating closing set, reaffirming once again that no one brings the party to Malta quite like MTV. The show will premiere in Asia on 1 August at 2pm (TH/WIB), 3pm (SG), and 4pm (MY). It premieres in the Philippines on 6 August at 11am.
Isle of MTV Malta – hosted by MTV VJ & international star Laura Whitmore – was sponsored internationally by MuseAmi’s addicting ‘singing selfie’ social media app Hook’d, which empowers users to record and share their video performances of hit songs using real master tracks from an ever-growing catalogue.
50,000+ fans enjoyed an opening set from internationally renowned Maltese DJs and one of the hottest bands to originate from Malta, Red Electrick.
As the hot Malta sun streamed across the square, LA songstress Tori Kelly captivated the crowd with her irresistible, soulful melodies. The pop starlet stunned the Malta crowd with her hypnotic vocals and catchy summer pop beats, performing tracks from her debut album Unbreakable Smile which recently debuted at #2 on the Billboard Top 200 – including the popular tracks, Nobody Love and Dear No One.
Sibling alternative pop / rock band Echosmith showed everyone why they were the ‘Cool Kids’ of the night, bringing their distinctive summer sound combining entrancing vocal harmonies and catchy guitar hooks. Performing tracks from their 2014 album ‘Talking Dream’s’, including addictive pop anthems ‘Come Together’, ‘Cool Kids’ and their current single ‘Bright’, the quartet from Chino, California – a frequent contender on the Billboard Top 40 – provided a perfect soundtrack to an Isle of MTV summer, ending their performance on a high by launching 200 3ft balloons into the crowd!
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 97 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 72 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 64 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- 5 reasons why AXN’s ‘Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector’ needs to be on your watchlist 54 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020