Hong Kong −This year’s CASBAA Convention looks at the monumental sea change that is being experienced by the TV industry, and will explore how technologies, content, and services are leading the charge as the broadcast and digital landscapes become increasingly intertwined.
With the theme ‘Making Waves’, the convention will highlight how new business models are helping companies navigate these uncharted seas and take a look at the disruptors who are churning up the waters of business as usual.
One of the must-attend events on the Asia Pacific broadcast industry calendar, the annual CASBAA Convention is renowned for gathering a heavyweight speaker line up from key organisations across the industry to discuss the pertinent issues facing the TV business now and in years to come. With the convention moving to a new venue at the Intercontinental Hotel, participants won’t fail to be impressed by the stunning views over Hong Kong harbour as well as the inspiring speaker and plenary sessions.
“Linear TV is still a major force in the Asia Pacific region, but there is no denying that the industry today is in a state of flux,” said Christopher Slaughter, CEO, CASBAA. “These are very exciting times. Never before has there been such a strong opportunity to provide and distribute content to the consumer when, and where, they want it.
“With this rapidly evolving landscape, we encourage our members to make waves of their own by exploring new business models and strategies that will help provide dynamic content across a number of different screens.”
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 52 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 49 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 31 views | posted on August 12, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020