FremantleMedia announces key Asian appointments
FremantleMedia Regional CEO Australia & Asia Ian Hogg announced some senior appointments in key Asian markets as the business steps up its growth in the region.
Award-winning producer Glenn Sims will move to Singapore to become Director of Creative Content, with responsibility for the creative output and sales for the Singapore business. Sims is currently Senior Vice President – Content and Production for FremantleMedia’s Indonesian operations.
In his newly-created role, Sims will be responsible for driving FremantleMedia’s pan-Asian productions, following the unquestionable success of Asia’s Got Talent this year, the company’s regional production which was broadcast in more than 20 countries.
In addition, Paul O’Hanlon, the Managing Director of Asia, will move to a new role as Creative Director – China after taking some personal leave to welcome his first child in September.
In China, O’Hanlon will work closely with new CEO Vivian Yin to drive the continued expansion of FremantleMedia’s China business, particularly looking to leverage the recently signed joint venture between Shanghai Media Group’s BesTV, China Media Capital and FremantleMedia to create and develop entertainment formats for the China market.
Don Keyte, currently FremantleMedia’s Melbourne Managing Director and Director of Business Operations, will move to Singapore as Commercial Production Management Executive. He will report to Simon Rabbitt, FremantleMedia’s Australia Chief Operating Officer, who has now taken on the additional responsibility of Asia.
Commenting on the appointments, Ian Hogg said, “Glenn is an outstanding executive and has been a key contributor to our Indonesian company for several years. He will absolutely flourish in this new expanded role. I am also delighted that Paul has agreed to creatively lead our important joint venture in China. His experience in the region is second to none and as the business continues to expand, having someone of his calibre to work alongside Vivian is something I value enormously.
“Don has been a successful part of our Australian company’s leadership team for five years.
He brings a strong business focus with a deep understanding of production.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020