FremantleMedia announces key Asian appointments
FremantleMedia Regional CEO Australia & Asia Ian Hogg announced some senior appointments in key Asian markets as the business steps up its growth in the region.
Award-winning producer Glenn Sims will move to Singapore to become Director of Creative Content, with responsibility for the creative output and sales for the Singapore business. Sims is currently Senior Vice President – Content and Production for FremantleMedia’s Indonesian operations.
In his newly-created role, Sims will be responsible for driving FremantleMedia’s pan-Asian productions, following the unquestionable success of Asia’s Got Talent this year, the company’s regional production which was broadcast in more than 20 countries.
In addition, Paul O’Hanlon, the Managing Director of Asia, will move to a new role as Creative Director – China after taking some personal leave to welcome his first child in September.
In China, O’Hanlon will work closely with new CEO Vivian Yin to drive the continued expansion of FremantleMedia’s China business, particularly looking to leverage the recently signed joint venture between Shanghai Media Group’s BesTV, China Media Capital and FremantleMedia to create and develop entertainment formats for the China market.
Don Keyte, currently FremantleMedia’s Melbourne Managing Director and Director of Business Operations, will move to Singapore as Commercial Production Management Executive. He will report to Simon Rabbitt, FremantleMedia’s Australia Chief Operating Officer, who has now taken on the additional responsibility of Asia.
Commenting on the appointments, Ian Hogg said, “Glenn is an outstanding executive and has been a key contributor to our Indonesian company for several years. He will absolutely flourish in this new expanded role. I am also delighted that Paul has agreed to creatively lead our important joint venture in China. His experience in the region is second to none and as the business continues to expand, having someone of his calibre to work alongside Vivian is something I value enormously.
“Don has been a successful part of our Australian company’s leadership team for five years.
He brings a strong business focus with a deep understanding of production.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 48 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 47 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020