London/Singapore – Discovery Networks International (DNI) has named Arthur Bastings as the new head of the Asia-Pacific region, effective 1 September. The announcement was made by Jean-Briac Perrette, President of DNI, to whom Bastings will report.
As President and Managing Director of Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific (DNAP), Bastings is responsible for setting the regional strategy and maximising the potential of DNAP’s business and workforce to accelerate the company’s expansion. He will be based out of the Singapore office.
Bastings joins DNAP from Millicom, an international telecommunications and media company, where he was a member of the Executive Committee responsible for Africa and Financial Services, focusing on mobile and information and communications technology convergence. He brings over 20 years’ experience working in the TV and media business, including several years leading strategy and business development for Viacom across Asia. Bastings also previously spent six years as Executive Vice President and Managing Director for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) for Discovery. Under his leadership, Discovery’s EMEA business transformed by doubling audiences and generating exceptional organic growth that resulted in one of the fastest growing and largest pay TV businesses in the region.
“The Asia Pacific region encompasses two thirds of the world’s population and thus represents one of the biggest growth opportunities for our company. Arthur has a remarkable combination of experience in Asia, strong strategic thinking, and a proven track record of growth and building strong teams. His deep knowledge of Discovery and familiarity with the Asia market will give him a great head start in accelerating DNAP’s expansion,” said Perrette.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 101 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 63 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020