ABS-CBN, the country’s largest multimedia conglomerate, recently launched its multi-channel network called Chicken Pork Adobo to boost its online content and build a roster of personalities with innovative ideas that will attract the fast-growing online audiences.
“Chicken Pork Adobo is the platform where we empower creators who may not have a chance to go on TV. Chicken Pork Adobo democratises it for everyone by harnessing and gathering all of them, and for them to leverage on each others’ strengths. We want to showcase the Filipino talent to the world, not only to Filipino audiences,” said Donald Lim, head of ABS-CBN Digital Media Division.
As of now, Chicken Pork Adobo has 90 creators whose channels on YouTube tackle a variety of topics: toys, fashion, comedy, music, lifestyle, vlogs, entertainment, arts and crafts, food, parenting, and inspirational.
As proven by the mid-year 2014 data from the Internet and Mobile Marketing Association of the Philippines (IMMAP), more and more Filipinos are consuming content online. According to IMMAP, 38 million Filipinos are Internet users, two-thirds of which are under 30 years old.
Recognising that TV may not be the only platform to reach ABS-CBN’s target audiences, Lim said Chicken Pork Adobo is meant to help online content creators make a mark in the digital space and help them become superstars “in whatever way or form.”
These creators produce their own material on a regular basis and sometimes let their fans into their own private lives.
“They have different niches, personalities, and material that won’t make it on TV, but on YouTube they are popular, spectacular, fascinating, and have their own following,” Lim said. “ABS-CBN is the master of content, but being the master doesn’t mean we want to produce all the content. We can also empower people so we just curate the content,” he added.
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 67 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 59 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 49 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 48 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020