Singapore – Samsung Electronics announced the world’s first low temperature video wall, UD55E-S, that is specifically pre-calibrated for the broadcast industry. The UD55E-S has a specialised panel with a lower colour temperature range of 2800k-6500k that corresponds to broadcast camera standards, ensuring that the colours of news footage and graphics are displayed accurately at all viewing angles.
The high resolution UD55E-S raises the quality of video wall solutions in the broadcast industry, where there are specific needs due to lighting conditions within the enclosed studios. The video wall also comes with MagicInfo, Samsung’s flagship signage and content management solution, which allows users to design and manage a complex, interactive multimedia display system.
“As a trusted global leader in display technology, we always strive to produce professional displays that meet the demands of our partners and customers. To deliver a quality viewing experience for home viewers, broadcasters require equipment with higher standards that are tailored for their unique environment,” said Yong Sung Jeon, President & CEO, Samsung Electronics Southeast Asia & Oceania.
“The UD55E-S addresses this challenge as it is specially optimised for the broadcast industry. With this technology, our broadcast customers will reap time and cost savings with ease of maintenance and minimum tuning while end-viewers enjoy more true-to-life images and footage on their television screens. With our commitment to innovation, Samsung will continue to bring about cutting-edge technology that helps our enterprise customers run their businesses more efficiently and productively,” he added.
Key features of the UD55E-S for the broadcast industry
- Superior colour consistency right out of the box
The UD55E-S is calibrated to a lower colour temperature range of 2800k-6500k, which ensures consistent colour representation even at wide and off-axis viewing angles.
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) on a video wall system
The UD55E-S is pre-calibrated for the broadcast industry and compatible with most industry cameras and equipment, reducing the setup and maintenance time needed for broadcasters to customise the display solution to the unique conditions of their studio.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 31 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020