Next month CNN Ones to Watch shines a light on the next big names in film, with Singapore playing a starring role.
The programme opens at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival, with young Singaporean director Kirsten Tan taking her first steps towards the famous red carpet. Born and raised in Singapore, Tan has lived and worked in Thailand, South Korea and New York and has written and directed short films in each country. She was invited to Cannes to meet producers and financiers to help get her first feature film off the ground.
Anthony Chen, who won Singapore’s first ever film honours at Cannes when he took home the prestigious Camera d’Or in 2013, chooses Tan as his One to Watch.
Chen said, “I’ve admired her for a long, long time. I think she has a very unique eye, great visuals and I like her sensibility and tone. I think that’s something quite rare from our part of the world in South East Asia, that black humour. I see that, not just in one film but something that’s recurring in a lot of films. I think that if she can keep on and maintain that sensibility that unique quality in her feature film I think she will go very, very far.”
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 75 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 54 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 48 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020