Washington D.C. − National Geographic Channels International (NGCI) announced it has secured rights to China From Above from Beach House Pictures and NHNZ. The epic two-part journey by air showcases China’s diverse landscapes, extreme weather, massive cities and staggering infrastructure from overhead. Presenting the country in a way never seen before, the special will air on National Geographic Channel from July 2015.
Featuring innovative aerial photography interwoven with on the ground human stories, the two-part film details how the Chinese have tamed a landscape of staggering contrasts to their needs. From ancient monuments and customs, through astonishing landscapes and on to the high tech world, China From Above brings into focus what makes this such a fascinating country.
Built on a scale that can only be appreciated from above, the special showcases some of the world’s greatest man-made wonders that have stood the test of time. The camera defines breathtaking natural vistas, soaring along powerful rivers, arid deserts, immense mountain ranges and lush valleys. It also captures the nation’s race to counter the impacts of its rapid industrialisation with the next generation of sustainable technologies.
A country of intense change; where bustling megacities tower over the ruins of bygone civilisations, this sweeping voyage through the air offers a new context and understanding of the Middle Kingdom’s evolution by revealing the secrets and patterns of life in traditional and modern China.
Hamish Mykura, Executive Vice President and Head of International Content for NGCI, said, “Much more than a gorgeous moving artwork, this is an epic story about the amazing diversity, remarkable history and the astonishing transformation China has gone through from ancient to modern times. Taking a bird’s-eye view, this awe-inspiring expedition reveals China from a fresh perspective that complements National Geographic’s legacy of exploration.”
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 115 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 44 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 43 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020