National Geographic present ‘Inside Maritime Singapore’
Singapore – In celebration of Singapore’s golden jubilee (SG50) this year, National Geographic Channels (NGC), part of the FOX International Channels (FIC) network, has partnered with the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) and the Singapore Shipping Association (SSA) to produce a longform documentary titled, Inside Maritime Singapore, set to air on June 30th at 7pm (SGT) across Singapore, Hong Kong and the rest of Southeast Asia.
The maritime industry has played an integral part in Singapore’s economic growth and is one of the heritage-rich industries that have witnessed the transformation of Singapore over the past 50 years. This will be the first time the public will get to witness the inner workings of the maritime industry, which contributes 7% of Singapore’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and employs more than 170,000 people.
Inside Maritime Singapore journeys into the Port of Singapore, the global pivot of trade connected to more than 600 ports in over 120 countries. It follows how Singapore’s port has grown from a colonial trading outpost to one of the world’s busiest ports, largest container transhipment hub, a leading International Maritime Centre, and world leader in offshore and marine engineering.
Witness the dynamic lives of the people in the maritime industry, and how they contribute to the port, offshore and marine engineering and maritime services to ensure the sectors function smoothly and efficiently.
Seaborne trade has been an important lifeline for Singapore since its founding. While Maritime Singapore’s strong fundamentals have enabled it to perform well over the years, the maritime industry today continues to operate under challenging market conditions. The capabilities to reinvent itself as more than just an efficient container port, but also an important centre for maritime services has attributed to the current success and international clientele she now enjoys.
Inside Maritime Singapore
Premieres on National Geographic Channel
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 52 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 50 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 31 views | posted on August 12, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020