MIPCOM 2015 ‘Country Of Honour’ launches in Istanbul
The MIPCOM Country of Honour programme will also feature a series of high-level conferences from Turkish industry figures across the whole television sector, screening showcases, and business networking events.
With a population of more than 76 million, Turkey has a strong domestic market for TV content. Its high-quality output covers all genres including drama, feature films, documentaries and animation. In recent years, the country has become a fresh source for adaptable formats. At the crossroads of Europe and Asia, Turkey also acts as valuable production hub, offering quality technical infrastructure.
Ä°brahim Caglar, President of the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce, said, “The Turkish television industry ranks as the second-fastest growing in the world. As the Country of Honour, we would like to share this dynamism at MIPCOM 2015, which provides a global showcase for Turkey to advertise its treasures to the world.”
“The COH programme will give TV executives from around the world the opportunity to discover the richness of Turkey’s TV output, and we are thrilled to be able to host an exclusive screening of the latest instalment of Magnificent Century,” commented Laurine Garaude, Director of Reed MIDEM’s Television Division.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 174 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 152 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 70 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 61 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021