Singapore – The National Youth Film Awards (NYFA) concluded its call-for submissions on 15 May, with a total of 238 submissions received from 13 Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs) offering film and media programmes. Leading the number of submissions received are Nanyang Technological University and LASALLE College of the Arts, with 36 entries each.
NYFA has garnered tremendous support from the media industry in Singapore. In less than a month since its official launch, several industry stakeholders have also come forward to partner the Awards via jury duties, offering apprenticeship and mentorship opportunities, as well as sponsoring prizes for Award winners.
Among the new industry partners coming on board are:
- Vividthree Productions Pte Ltd, a 3D stereoscopic animation and VFX studio
- Iceberg Design Pte Ltd, a feature film and television post-production & finishing facility
- Beam Artistes Pte Ltd, an artiste management agency
Vividthree Productions and Iceberg Design will be offering apprenticeship and mentorship opportunities for the Best Editing Award and Best Visual Effects Award winners respectively. Beam Artistes will offer a management contract to the Best Performance Award winner.
Max Chan, Compositing Supervisor, Vividthree Productions Pte Ltd, said, “NYFA is a great way to gain good exposure, as well as recognition at a national level while being assessed by a panel of jury who may become your future employer or offer you your first job in the industry. Here at Vividthree Productions, we hope to nurture and cultivate budding visual effects artists of the younger generation and give them a better insight into filmmaking.”
Max will be joining the Jury with two other new additions, bringing the panel to a total of 11 members. The other two members are Francis Kitaro Tan, Managing Director, Iceberg Design Pte Ltd and Joachim Ng, Director, Industry Operations, Media Development Authority of Singapore.
“I am delighted to represent the Singapore Film Commission at the panel of the inaugural NYFA. The NYFA serves as a good platform to discover and groom young emerging talent, which will add vibrancy to our growing film community,” said Joachim.
Adobe, the global leader in digital media and digital marketing solutions, is one of the new sponsors on board, and will offer a one-year complimentary Adobe Creative Cloud subscription to all technical based Award winners.
“Singapore’s creative community continues to inspire the world with its unique vision and point of view. Investing in the next generation of filmmakers is critical to the evolution of our creative sector and Adobe is proud to be part of this vital initiative,” said Janie Lim, Director of Marketing, Digital Media, Adobe. “Adobe Creative Cloud provides a powerful, integrated range of professional video tools that enable filmmakers at all levels to realise their ideas from script to screen, and weâ€Ÿre excited that participants will have the chance to experience it.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 31 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 28 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 26 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020