Beijing, China — In a continued effort to grow the infrastructure and digital television business, China’s Global Broadcasting Media Group (GMG) and Novel-SuperTV (STV) jointly announced the preliminary plan to launch The Media Foundation, which will provide relevant technological, professional and support services to selected broadcasters and operators in countries part of the “Belt and Road” initiative.
When implemented, The Media Foundation will assist in accelerating the growth of the “Belt and Road” initiative, by strengthening exchanges and mutual learning among countries involved. In the long run, it can be viewed as a plan beneficial to all as it promotes regional economic cooperation and prosperity.
“The Media Foundation will be an extensive plan, providing about US$500 million of funding during Phase 1 of the launch and, depending on the result of Phase 1, a total of US$2 billion worth of funds over a three-year period from 2015 to 2018. We aim for The Media Foundation to come to life during the fourth quarter of 2015,” said Liu Bo, Vice President, Global Broadcasting Media Group (GMG). “The areas of investment include overseas broadcasting, telecommunications, broadband networks, media infrastructure and operational projects.”
The Media Foundation, will partner with strategic investors from countries along the “Belt and Road”, including merchant banks, financial institutes, broadcasters and broadband network operators. It will also include corporate partnership at a local operational level, as well as incorporate overseas funds and fund of funds (FOF). With China planning to invest nearly US$800 million to improve its terrestrial transmission system this year, The Media Foundation will be an opportune move forward not only for the businesses involved, but also for the industry as a whole.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 97 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 79 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 66 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Astro presents compelling vernacular content for December 49 views | posted on December 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020