Globo has just licensed the movie Time and the Wind in 4K to the EPG media group of South Korea. The title is part of the Brazilian broadcaster’s 2014 catalogue, and it tells the story of two families who are mortal enemies in the fictitious city of Santa Fé, at the end of the 19th century. In addition, EPG also acquired exhibition rights for all the movies from the 2015 catalogue − Trust, The Invisible Woman, Men Are From Mars… And That’s Where I’m Going!, and The Party Crashers. The feature films are from Globo Filmes, a company of the Grupo Globo.
“Globo is a leader in presenting new forms of narrative and aesthetics. We are always attentive to new technologies, to all the resources that allow us to provide an even richer, more thrilling experience to our viewers. The use of 4K, or Ultra High Definition, with its higher definition and image quality, makes our stories even more fascinating and more captivating almost as if the viewers were seeing their favorite show right there, live, in front of them,” said Raphael Corrêa Netto, Globo’s Executive Director of International Business.
“We think that Ultra High Definition (UHD) will be a main stream of broadcasting market in the near future and will be a new blue ocean. The UHD movie The Time and The Wind has an important meaning to us in the way that it will be the first step of a new business era. The Time and The Wind is best quality film not only in technically but also in storyline. We hope that starting with this content, we can introduce more good UHD contents from Globo and it will make us take an initiative in UHD content market and contribute to the development of the UHD broadcasting environment of Korea”, said Johwang Suh, CEO at EPG.
Globo’s catalogue of feature films celebrates the best of Brazilian cinema and promises to entertain and please South Korean audiences. The EPG media group, a long-time partner of Globo, has already shown hits from the Brazilian broadcaster such as Brazil Avenue. And this year, it also acquired the exhibition rights for Precious Pearl, winner of the 2014 International Emmy, The Party, and the drama series Merciless.
In Time and the Wind, its characters, with the scent of earth, blood, and booze, are involved in various events in a small community, where their passions, desired, idealism, and envy intertwine and collide in a poetic and surprising way. The feature film has the participation of Fernanda Montenegro, winner of the 2013 International Emmy for Best Actress, for her performance in the comedy Sweet Mother.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 58 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 43 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 30 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020