Endemol Shine International announced that it has appointed Simon Cox as Head of Acquisitions.
Simon is a leading executive with fourteen years’ experience in the television industry including nine years at BBC Worldwide. Most recently Simon has held the role of Investment Manager at Ingenious Media where Simon has been responsible for investment into scripted television projects, including productions such as Channel 4’s Coalition, ITV Encore’s The Frankenstein Chronicles and cBeebies reboot of The Clangers.
His previous positions have included Head of Business Management, Content & Production, BBC Worldwide; VP Sales & Co-productions, BBC Worldwide Canada; and Assistant Finance / Acquisitions Manager for UKTV Entertainment and Factual channels.
Reporting to Chief Executive Cathy Payne, Simon will be responsible for implementing ESI’s global third party scripted and non-scripted acquisition strategy including managing the first look deals that ESI holds with independents including Shoebox TV, Ecosse Films, Origin Pictures, Feel Films, Mam Tor Productions and Amber Television as well as script development deals such as The Luminaries with Intention Pictures.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020