London – TVT announced a deal to provide BBC World News video on Demand (VoD) content to Hulu Japan, a popular VoD service offering users more than 13,000 assets available on more than 90 million devices.
The new agreement follows a long-standing relationship with the channel, where TVT has assisted in the delivery of regional Japanese content for 21 years. Providing a complete media management service, TVT is currently responsible for subtitling and dubbing documentary and current affairs programmes as well as providing a closed caption service for hard of hearing viewers. As one of only a handful of Western media companies with established operations in Tokyo, TVT also runs a daily, real-time news translation service for the channel, operating 18 hours a day with teams based in both London and Tokyo.
TVT will be starting its work as VoD provider for Hulu Japan with the fast turnaround of local content. TVT will be responsible for re-packaging and translating content and captioning into both English and Japanese, as well as managing all the related metadata for some of BBC World News’ popular programme strands including Hardtalk, The Travel Show, Click, and Our World.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 66 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020