Hidden Singer’ scores first international commission
London – NBCUniversal Formats has signed a deal for its successful variety format Hidden Singer in Thailand, following huge popularity in South Korea.
Channel 3 has commissioned 13X60’ episodes of the fun-filled musical talent competition show, which sees an audience of 100 judges vote across multiple rounds on the person who they think is the original singer out of a selection of five impersonators. To make their decision, the audience must rely only on their ears.
Hidden Singer originally aired on Korea’s JTBC in December 2012 and has proved to be immensely popular across three seasons with increasingly high ratings. Audiences in Korea peaked at 9.13 million and the first episode of the show’s third season achieved the highest ratings among all programmes broadcast at the same time, including FTA and Pay-TV, winning its slot.
In Thailand the show will feature celebrity hosts Wan Thanakrit Panichwid and Peck Preamnut Suwannanon.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 175 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 109 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 101 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 41 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020