Milan – As the TV and video market continues to evolve, recommendation and discovery solutions must dynamically respond to changing consumer patterns. Content recommendation systems must take in to account the full range of consumer experiences, as well as be informed by content business rules and financial goals in order to be successful.
These are some of the findings from nScreenMedia’s latest paper, commissioned by ContentWise, the personalisation, discovery and recommendations solution for digital TV content. Entitled ‘Preference is just the Beginning: Video Recommendations in the Age of Mobility’, the paper highlights the key factors that will be instrumental to the success of discovery and recommendations for operators, aggregators and content providers.
ContentWise asked nScreenMedia to independently research and author a white paper on the critical functions of a 21st century video recommendations system. The paper examines five key topics that are pivotal for the future of recommendation and discovery. Preference, location, time, target device and business rules will all play a crucial role in personalisation, presenting tremendous opportunities for both viewers and content providers alike.
“With a huge number of TV and video choices available today, it is becoming increasingly difficult for viewers to discover content in the TV and video world. And from our discussions with operators and content providers during NAB and TV Connect, this volume of content is also proving to be a challenge as they are finding it difficult to surface programmes with the right potential to their audiences,” said Paolo Bozzola, CEO, ContentWise. “The future of personalisation will rely on contextual information. This information is instrumental in keeping recommendations and discovery relevant for viewers and effective for operators and content providers.”
Some of the key findings from the paper include:
Preference: Preference remains a key factor in what recommendations viewers will find valuable. But the explosion in content choices, devices, and external influences like Social Media all influence content preferences for viewers. By building complete preference profiles, operators can drive on-demand viewing and revenue goals, especially for their subscription services.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 52 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 50 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 31 views | posted on August 12, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020