The X-Files, an award winning science fiction series and one of the most successful television programmes of the 90s, lands on Presto, with all nine seasons (202 episodes) available to stream on demand.
The news follows recent confirmation that FBI agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) will be returning to screens with a special six-episode limited series, following a 13 year hiatus.
Presto TV and Presto Entertainment offer existing fans of the series, as well as those keen to experience The X-Files for the first time, the chance to watch the series that became a pop culture TV phenomenon and also spawned two movies.
The X-Files delves into the unexplained and implausible stories surrounding alien existence, government conspiracies and the supernatural through the exploits of FBI agents Mulder and Scully. In doing so, The X-Files pushed the boundaries of conventional television and created a mythology all of its own, challenging viewers to believe in its trademark claim that “the truth is out there”.
Known for palpable dramatic tensions at the character level, The X-Files tracks the movements of Agent Mulder, who believes in the existence of aliens and the paranormal, and Agent Scully, a sceptic assigned to conduct scientific analyses of Mulder’s discoveries and to debunk his work. Despite contradictory approaches and conflicting ideologies, the involvement of agents Mulder and Scully in a significant event early on in the series see them come to trust only each other.
Both Duchovny and Anderson won Golden Globe Awards for their roles on the series.
Shaun James, Director of Presto and On Demand, said, “The X-Files was ahead of its time and brought a thrilling and reality-questioning epic series of serial-style drama to viewers. We’re proud to bring it into the 21st century for our viewers, who will delight in being able to stream the series and binge all the way through as they “follow all lies that lead to the Truth’”.
- Ampverse and POPS Worldwide collaborate to create video gaming content series 73 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- Nippon TV’s hit smartphone game, ‘HunterxHunter’ expands to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau 72 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- All-new episodes of Marquee TV shows back on air from 13th July on ZEE5 Global 60 views | posted on July 13, 2020
- CNN International announces Selina Wang as new Asia-based correspondent 37 views | posted on July 14, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020