Montreal, Canada – Toon Boom Animation announced the appointment of Michel Besner as President, effective immediately. Besner, who previously worked at Meltwater, brings over 20 years of entrepreneurial and executive experience to Toon Boom – provider of 2D animation and storyboarding software.
“Michel’s track record of success within all mediums of animation – traditional, web, gaming, mobile – and his proven leadership abilities will strengthen our market and leadership as we continue to deliver the best tools for every type of artist,” said Francisco Del Cueto, CTO at Toon Boom.
For over two decades, Besner has brought innovative software solutions to market. As the co-founder and CEO of Kaydara, Besner turned the company’s character animation and motion capture tools, MotionBuilder and FBX, into staples of the entertainment industry. His work in the animation industry continued with leadership roles at Alias Systems as their Vice President of Business Development, Emerging Markets and then as Senior Director of Product Management at Autodesk’s Media & Entertainment division.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 80 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 69 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 57 views | posted on November 26, 2020
- Netflix brings a variety of entertainment with seven new Korean films and series 47 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020