Cannes − Globo’s Head of International Business, Ricardo Scalamandré, received an honour during the 2015 MIPTV, one of the world’s largest television markets. Created in 2013, the Médaille d´Honneur Award is given to top executives who, through their talent, leadership and passion, have made a significant contribution to the world of television and to the development of the international TV community. This is the first time a Latin American executive received this medal.
The 2015 MIPTV Médaille d´Honneur was presented by Paul Zilk, CEO of Reed MIDEM, at a gala dinner on 15 April, at the Carlton Hotel in Cannes.
The Award was announced in March by Reed MIDEM, organizer of the MIPTV and MIPCOM events, the largest and most important events of the television market. This is recognition of all that Ricardo has helped to build, bringing productions from Globo and Brazil to the whole world.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 303 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 41 views | posted on April 13, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 40 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 35 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020