Cannes − Globo’s Head of International Business, Ricardo Scalamandré, received an honour during the 2015 MIPTV, one of the world’s largest television markets. Created in 2013, the Médaille d´Honneur Award is given to top executives who, through their talent, leadership and passion, have made a significant contribution to the world of television and to the development of the international TV community. This is the first time a Latin American executive received this medal.
The 2015 MIPTV Médaille d´Honneur was presented by Paul Zilk, CEO of Reed MIDEM, at a gala dinner on 15 April, at the Carlton Hotel in Cannes.
The Award was announced in March by Reed MIDEM, organizer of the MIPTV and MIPCOM events, the largest and most important events of the television market. This is recognition of all that Ricardo has helped to build, bringing productions from Globo and Brazil to the whole world.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 98 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 81 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 67 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Astro presents compelling vernacular content for December 49 views | posted on December 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020