mm2 and Fox launches Movie Makers Short Film Competition (æˆ‘è¦å½“å¯¼æ¼”)
Singapore – mm2 Entertainment Pte. Ltd. announced that it will launch the Movie Makers Short Film Competition (æˆ‘è¦å½“å¯¼æ¼”) in Singapore, together with FOX International Channels’ flagship Chinese movies channel, SCM (è¡›è¦–é›»å½±å°). This competition is an initiative aimed at developing new talent in the local film industry as well as providing aspiring directors with opportunities to showcase their potential.
“You reap what you sow. For the local film industry to grow and be dynamic, we need to nurture and cultivate young talents,” said Mr Melvin Ang, CEO of mm2 Asia, “Short films are one of the best platforms for aspiring film directors to showcase their talent. This competition will give them a chance to be seen and heard by the most respected movers and shakers in the region’s film industry.”
FIC’s spokesperson, Ms. Cora Yim, Senior Vice President of Chinese Entertainment and Territory Head of Hong Kong said, “SCM is excited to be a part of this meaningful project. We look forward to helping develop and groom creative, young talent for the future of Singapore’s local film industry.”A panel of regional judges will pick the top 3 winners. The panel comprises of acclaimed film practitioners; Singaporean directors Jack Neo (Ah Boys to Men series) and Eric Khoo (My Magic), Malaysian director Chiu Keng Guan (The Journey), Taiwanese director Raymond Jiang (Café. Waiting. Love) and HongKong award-winning actor-producer Gordon Lam (Gallants).
“After so many years of making movies, it is my pleasure to play a part in helping aspiring new directors make their dreams come true,” said Gordon Lam.
“I am excited by the idea of this regional competition as I started off making short films. I look forward to the judging and hopefully I will discover some gems along the way,” said Eric Khoo.
“I enjoy watching short films. Every time I find interesting and touching short films at the festivals, I get very excited,” said Taiwanese director Raymond Jiang, “I hope this short film competition will bring me on another amazing trip.”
The three winners will be awarded cash prizes. There will also be products sponsored by Canon Cinema EOS Systems. The total value of the prizes amount to over S$20,000. The winning films will also be broadcasted in Singapore on FIC’s leading premium Chinese movies channel SCM. In addition, one of the winners will be given the opportunity to produce a feature film with mm2 Entertainment.
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 131 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 115 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 105 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- ‘The Witch of Kings Cross’ to be released worldwide on Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, and GooglePlay on 9 February 77 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020