Hong Kong – Hot on the heels of its Indonesian office opening last week, Twitter has officially opened its Hong Kong office to service the online and mobile advertising markets across Greater China.
With many Chinese brand advertisers and app developers selling to the worldwide market, Twitter provides an attractive opportunity to reach over 288 million monthly active users, 80% of which are on mobile, that send over 500 million Tweets per day. In addition, millions of people across Hong Kong and Taiwan use Twitter, and local advertisers can reach them directly too. The HK office will be led by Peter Greenberger, Twitter’s Sales Director of Emerging Markets.
“We are capitalising on this growing trend of the most ambitious, entrepreneurial and successful Chinese companies wanting to go global, and we believe that Twitter is an essential way for them to connect and engage with the world,” said Shailesh Rao, Twitter’s Vice President of Asia Pacific, Americas and Emerging Markets. “Opening our Hong Kong office now and hiring a sales support team to work directly with advertisers across the Greater China market will contribute to our next phase of growth in Asia.”
“We are thrilled to open our new Hong Kong office to better serve the needs of Chinese companies, from brand advertisers to app developers, that use online and mobile advertising to target a global audience,” said Peter Greenberger. “Engagement is the new social currency for businesses of all sizes and Twitter’s real-time marketing platform historically provides on average 3-5 times higher engagement rate than traditional digital advertising.”
The Benefits of Real-Time Marketing on Twitter
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 65 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 49 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- VOOT launches interactivity for Colors fiction shows 33 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020