FremantleMedia’s high-octane entertainment format Master Athletes has been commissioned for a second series by Swedish national broadcaster SVT.
The format, which sees ultra-fit members of the public compete and endure a range of grueling fitness challenges in the bid for glory, has transformed sport into gripping prime time entertainment. The contestants form relationships and alliances as they live, eat, sleep, and train together. But in the end, only the strongest team will survive and go on to claim victory.
Series one of Master Athletes got off to a running start when it launched to a huge audience of 1.1m on SVT in August 2014. The format outperformed the channel’s slot average by +59%, making it number one in its time slot and Sweden’s highest rated summer entertainment launch for 3 years.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 74 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 56 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 55 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 40 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020