FremantleMedia’s high-octane entertainment format Master Athletes has been commissioned for a second series by Swedish national broadcaster SVT.
The format, which sees ultra-fit members of the public compete and endure a range of grueling fitness challenges in the bid for glory, has transformed sport into gripping prime time entertainment. The contestants form relationships and alliances as they live, eat, sleep, and train together. But in the end, only the strongest team will survive and go on to claim victory.
Series one of Master Athletes got off to a running start when it launched to a huge audience of 1.1m on SVT in August 2014. The format outperformed the channel’s slot average by +59%, making it number one in its time slot and Sweden’s highest rated summer entertainment launch for 3 years.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020