Marriott International also inked category exclusive development deals with YouTube stars and content creators, including Louis Cole, Taryn Southern, Sonia Gil, Vagabrothers and Jack Harries.
Marriott has signed numerous content and distribution partnerships including Medium.com, the publishing platform launched by Twitter co-founders Evan Williams and Biz Stone and What’s Trending with Damon Berger and Shira Lazar.
Marriott Hotels has joined with Snapchat-focused marketing and analytics agency Naritiv to become the first major hotel company on Snapchat. The campaign will feature Shaun McBride, one of the first Snapchat-born influencers, and the hilarious Brittany Furlan. Storytellers will travel to Marriott Hotels properties around the globe, co-creating their trip itineraries with their followers and documenting their journeys through their own Snapchat stories. Other contributors will include YouTube, Commercial Director and TV show creator Casey Neistat, and Louis Cole, a British filmmaker and YouTube personality.
“Our goal is to produce engaging content that builds communities of people passionate about travel, that will drive commerce,” said Beebe. “These deals expand both the depth of our content play as well as its breadth, by reaching into a new content area where few brands – and no other hospitality brands – have ventured before.”
“This kind of collaboration with both traditional and emerging online media represents a new step forward in programming, with candid and spontaneous use of platforms like Snapchat in a serial form, capturing users’ attention in fresh ways. It is very exciting to see a premium travel brand like Marriott embracing 21st century global interconnection of media in this way,” said Laurine Garaude, Director of Reed MIDEM’s Television Division, organiser of MIPTV.
Past winners of the MIPTV Brand of the Year Award include Amex, Heineken, Intel, Vice Media, and PIRO & Chipotle in 2014 for the Farmed & Dangerous series on HULU.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 257 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 80 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 76 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 71 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021